- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
10. (1) The governing body of a maintained school must publish—
(a)the report containing special needs information referred to in section 317(5) of EA 1996; and
(b)any other general information relating to that school which they may decide to publish,
as a single document identified as the school prospectus.
(2) Copies of the school prospectus must be made available at the school for distribution without charge to parents on request and for reference by parents and other persons.
(3) The school prospectus must be published during the offer year and, except in the case of a special school, not later than six weeks before the date up to which parents may express a preference for a school in respect of the admission year.
(4) In the case of a special school such information must also be published by copies being made available at the offices of the relevant authority for distribution without charge to parents on request and reference by parents and other persons.
(5) In the case of any maintained secondary school, a copy of the school prospectus shall be provided without charge to the offices in the area served by the school of persons providing career services in accordance with arrangements made, or directions given, under section 10 of the Employment and Training Act 1973(1).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: