- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
12. (1) The amendments to section 43A of the Finance Act 1996(1) by paragraph 64 of Schedule 8 to the Act do not apply in relation to anything which, on the commencement date, is in the process of being done by or on behalf of the URA or is in force or effective in relation to the URA by virtue of that section.
(2) Section 43A of the Finance Act 1996 continues to apply for the purposes of such cases but as if references to the URA (however expressed) were references to the HCA.
(3) The references in section 43B of the Finance Act 1996 to “the applicant” or a “person” (however expressed) where, before the commencement date, the applicant or person concerned would have been the URA shall, after the commencement date, have effect as if those references were to the HCA.
(4) Section 43B(4) shall have effect in relation to a certificate issued to the URA as if for paragraph (b) there were substituted—
“(b)shall cease to have effect on such date as the Commissioners may set out in the certificate, but in any event no later than the day on which the HCA ceases to have the intention to carry out any activity involving reclamation of the land in relation to which the certificate was issued”.
1996 c.8. Section 43A was inserted by SI 1996/1529 and will be repealed by SI 2008/2669. It was amended by section 6(2) of and Schedule 3 to the Pollution Prevention and Control Act 1999 (c. 24) and by SI 2000/1973, SI 2007/3538 and SI 2005/3226. Section 43B was inserted by SI 1996/1529 and will be repealed by SI 2008/2669. It was amended by SI 2008/2669.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: