- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
25.—(1) Not later than three months before the reorganisation date, a successor council to which this paragraph applies shall establish for its area a body, to be known as a transitional schools forum, representing—
(a)the governing bodies and head teachers of schools in its area that are maintained by a local education authority; and
(b)if the successor council so determines, such bodies as it may determine.
(2) Paragraph (1) applies to a successor council which, on the date on which these Regulations come into force, is either—
(a)a preparing council other than a county council, or
(b)a shadow council.
(3) The Schools Forums (England) Regulations 2002(1) shall apply in relation to the composition, meetings and proceedings of transitional schools forums and the expenses of their members as they apply in relation to schools forums established by local education authorities and the expenses of the members of such forums as if—
(a)references to the relevant authority, except in relation to the maintenance of a school, included references to a successor council to which paragraph (1) above applies;
(b)regulation 2 (establishment of schools forum) were omitted; and
(c)in regulation 9 (consultation on financial issues)—
(i)for “annually” there were substituted “in respect of the financial year beginning on the reorganisation date”; and
(ii)after paragraph (2) there were inserted—
“(3) .In paragraph (1) “reorganisation date” has the same meaning as in the Local Government (Structural Changes) (Transitional Arrangements) (No.2) Regulations 2008.”.
(4) A transitional schools forum shall be treated for the purposes of—
(a)subsection (3) of section 47A of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998(2) and the financial year beginning on the reorganisation date,
(b)subsection (8) of that section (expenses of schools forum), and
(c)regulations under that section or section 45A(3) of that Act(3),
as if it were established by a local education authority under section 47A(1) of that Act.
(5) On the establishment of a transitional schools forum for an area—
(a)the functions under section 47A of the Schools Standards and Framework Act 1988 of the local education authority for that area, and
(b)the functions of the schools forum established by that authority,
shall cease to be exercisable as regards that area and the financial year beginning on the reorganisation date.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: