- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
13. (1) Where it is practicable to do so in the period beginning on the date on which these Regulations come into force and ending on the reorganisation date, each preparing council and each shadow council shall prepare for the whole of its area, a sustainable community strategy under section 4 of the Local Government Act 2000(1).
(2) Where a preparing or shadow council has been unable to prepare a sustainable community strategy before the reorganisation date, its related single tier council shall prepare that strategy not later than the date that falls 24 months after the reorganisation date.
(3) In the period beginning on the reorganisation date and ending on the date on which the single tier council complies with paragraph (2), the sustainable community strategy prepared—
(a)before the reorganisation date, by any council that is a predecessor council in relation to the single tier council; or
(b)before the date on which the section 7 order came into force, by the related preparing council,
shall be treated as if it had been prepared by the single tier council for the whole or such part of its area as corresponds to the area to which the strategy relates.
(4) Nothing in paragraph (3) shall affect the continued validity, after the date on which the single tier council complies with paragraph (2), of a sustainable community strategy prepared as mentioned in paragraph (3)(a) or (b), for any transitional purpose specified in the strategy prepared by the single tier council.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: