- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
93.—(1) The provisions of Chapter 1 of Part 33 of the Companies Act 2006 (registration of companies not formed under companies legislation) apply to applications for registration received by the registrar on or after 1st October 2009.
(2) Any application for registration under those provisions received by the registrar before that date shall not be entertained.
(3) The provisions of Chapter 2 of Part 22 of the 1985 Act or Chapter 2 of Part 22 of the 1986 Order continue to apply to an application for registration if—
(a)it is received by the registrar, and
(b)the requirements as to registration are met in relation to it,
before 1st October 2009.
(4) Any application for registration under that Act or Order in relation to which the requirements as to registration are not met before that date shall be treated as withdrawn.
(5) On an application to which sub-paragraph (1) above applies a resolution agreed to, or other thing done, before 1st October 2009 may be relied on for the purpose of meeting the requirements of the Companies Act 2006.
(6) For the purposes of section 1297(3) of the Companies Act 2006 (continuity of the law) as it applies to treat the registration of a company under Chapter 2 of Part 22 of the 1985 Act or Chapter 2 of Part 22 of the 1986 Order as if done under the corresponding provision of the Companies Act 2006, the registration of a company on an application to which sub-paragraph (3) above applies is to be regarded as in force and effective immediately before the commencement of Chapter 1 of Part 33 of the Companies Act 2006.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: