- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
85. (1) Disciplinary control of public officers, and the removal from office of any public officer, shall be in accordance with the Management Code for the time being in operation.
(2) The Governor shall be informed of any disciplinary or other management action that is likely to lead to removal from public office, demotion or significant financial penalty, or that is likely to have any adverse consequence as regards the payment of any gratuity or pension to a public officer; and a final decision resulting from any such action may be appealed to the Governor by a public officer who is the subject of the decision.
(3) In this section “Management Code” means a code for the management of the public service issued by the Governor with the approval of a Secretary of State and with the agreement of the Executive Council; and any amendment of the Management Code that affects the discipline or removal of public officers shall require the prior approval of a Secretary of State.
(4) This section shall not apply to—
(a)any office in the police force except that of Chief of Police; or
(b)any office in the Falkland Islands Defence Force except that of Officer Commanding that Force.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: