- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
17. (1) This paragraph applies where—
(a)a person is registered in accordance with this Schedule;
(b)the Chief Inspector has, before the transfer date, sent a notice to the person of intention to take one of the steps mentioned in section 79L(1)(b) to (d)(1) of the 1989 Act; and
(c)that step has not taken effect.
(2) The notice sent to the person under section 79L(1) shall, on and after the transfer date, be treated as being notice given under section 73(2) of the 2006 Act.
(3) A person who has, before the transfer date, informed the Chief Inspector of the desire to object to the step being taken under section 79L(3) of the 1989 Act, shall be treated as having given notice under section 73(5) of the 2006 Act.
(4) An objection made before the transfer date under section 79L(3) of the 1989 Act to a step being taken shall be treated on and after that date as having been made in pursuance to section 73(5) of the 2006 Act.
(5) A notice sent to a person by the Chief Inspector in accordance with section 79L(5) of the 1989 Act before the transfer date shall be treated on and after that date as being notice given under section 73(7) of the 2006 Act.
(6) Where this paragraph applies, a notice continues to have effect only to the extent that it could have been given under section 73 of the 2006 Act.
The effect of section 79L(1)(b) to (d) of the 1989 Act in England is that the Chief Inspector must give notice of not less than 14 days before cancelling a registration; removing or varying any condition to which a registration is subject or imposing a new condition; or refusing to grant an application for the removal or variation of any condition to which a registration is subject.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: