- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
16. (1) This paragraph applies where the Chief Inspector has, before the transfer date, sent a notice to a person of intention to refuse an application for registration under section 79L(1)(a)(1) (notice of intention to take steps) of the 1989 Act.
(2) The notice shall, on and after the transfer date, be treated as notice given under section 73(2) (procedure for taking certain steps) of the 2006 Act.
(3) A person who has, before the transfer date, informed the Chief Inspector of the desire to object to the step being taken under section 79L(3) of the 1989 Act, shall be treated as having given notice under section 73(5) of the 2006 Act.
(4) An objection made before the transfer date under section 79L(3) of the 1989 Act to a step being taken shall be treated on and after that date as having been made in pursuance to section 73(5) of the 2006 Act.
(5) A notice sent to a person by the Chief Inspector in accordance with section 79L(5) of the 1989 Act before the transfer date shall be treated on and after that date as being notice given under section 73(7) of the 2006 Act.
(6) Where this paragraph applies, a notice continues to have effect only to the extent that it could have been given under section 73 of the 2006 Act.
The effect of section 79L(1)(a) of the 1989 Act in England is that the Chief Inspector must give notice of not less than 14 days before refusing an application for registration.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: