- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
51. (1) Any requirement by or under these Regulations for a person to send a notice or document to another person may be met by means of an electronic communication if—
(a)it results in the information contained in that notice or document being available to the other person in a form similar to the form in which it would appear in a notice or document sent in printed form; and
(b)except where the other person is the determining authority, the other person consents to the notice or document being sent by those means.
(2) A person who has provided an e-mail address is to be treated as consenting to a document being sent by e-mail.
(3) Any requirement in these Regulations for a document to be signed does not apply in the case of a document sent by means of an electronic communication.
(4) Paragraphs (1) and (3) do not apply in relation to the submission of an application form to a registration authority.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: