- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
11. The following descriptions of motor vehicles are exempt from the Charging Regime—
(1) a police vehicle, identifiable as such by writing or markings on it or otherwise by its appearance, or being the property of the Service Authority for the National Criminal Intelligence Service or the Service Authority for the National Crime Squad and issued with a Registration Certificate, being used in the execution of duty;
(2) a military vehicle, that is, a vehicle used for army, naval or air force purposes, while being driven by persons for the time being subject to the orders of a member of the armed forces of the Crown;
(3) a fire engine as defined by paragraph 4(2) of Schedule 2 the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994(1) being used in the execution of duty;
(4) a vehicle which is kept by a fire authority as defined by paragraph 5 of that Schedule being used in the execution of duty;
(5) an ambulance as defined by paragraph 6(2) of that Schedule being used in the execution of duty;
(6) a vehicle which is kept by a health service body as defined by paragraph 7 of that Schedule being used in the execution of duty;
(7) invalid carriages as defined by paragraph 18 of that Schedule;
(8) vehicles used by or kept for use by or for the purpose of a disabled person as defined by paragraph 19 of that Schedule;
(9) vehicles used for the carriage of disabled persons by recognised bodies in accordance with paragraph 20 of that Schedule;
(10) an omnibus being used for a local service as defined by section 2 of the Transport Act 1985(2) and
(11) a vehicle being used in connection with—
(a)the collection of charges; or
(b)the inspection, safety, maintenance, improvement or renewal of or other dealing with the length of highway described in Schedule 1 or any structure, works or apparatus in, on, under or over that length of highway.
(12) a vehicle used by or escorted by the Vehicle and Operator Service Agency in the execution of duty.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: