- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5.—(1) Managing agents must prepare or cause to be prepared the accounts and reports required by paragraph (2), in respect of—
(a)each syndicate that they manage on 31st December; and
(b)any syndicate that they were the last managing agent to manage during the preceding year and which has no managing agent on 31st December.
(2) Managing agents must, for the financial year preceding 31st December, in respect of each syndicate—
(a)prepare annual accounts;
(b)prepare an annual report; and
(c)cause to be prepared an auditor’s report.
(3) The accounts and annual report required by paragraph (2) must—
(a)be prepared within a period of 3 months beginning immediately after the end of the syndicate’s financial year;
(b)state that they are prepared under this regulation; and
(c)comply with the requirements in Schedule 1 to these Regulations.
(4) The accounts required by paragraph (2)(a) must also contain the information on auditor remuneration required by Schedule 2 to these Regulations.
(5) Schedules 1 and 2 to these Regulations have effect.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: