- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
8. (1) Where the Authority has all suppliers’ customers numbers, notified or determined under article 5, the Authority must—
(a)review a supplier’s carbon emissions reduction obligation; and
(b)notify a supplier of any amendment to that supplier’s obligation by 28th February immediately following the review.
(2) The review must be carried out by reference to—
(a)the overall carbon emissions reduction target;
(b)the mean of the total number of domestic customers supplied by suppliers on 31st December 2007 and on each anniversary of that date; and
(c)supplier customer numbers.
(3) Except for a new supplier, supplier customer numbers are the mean of the number of domestic customers supplied by a supplier on—
(a)31st December prior to the commencement of the obligation period; and
(b)each 31st December subsequent to the commencement of the obligation period.
(4) For a new supplier for whom the obligation period commences on 1st April 2009, supplier customer numbers are the mean of—
(a)the number of domestic customers supplied by that supplier on 31st December 2008;
(b)zero for 31st December 2007; and
(c)the number of domestic customers supplied by that supplier on 31st December 2009.
(5) The number of domestic customers under paragraph (3)(b) on each 31st December subsequent to the commencement of the obligation period, or under paragraph (4)(c), is deemed to be zero where—
(a)a supplier belongs to a group of companies and that group has fewer than 50,000 domestic customers on that date; or
(b)for any other supplier, that supplier has fewer than 50,000 domestic customers on that date.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: