- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. This Order may be cited as the UK Borders Act 2007 (Commencement No. 3 and Transitional Provisions) Order 2008.
2. The following provisions of the UK Borders Act 2007 shall come into force on 1st August 2008—
(a)the provisions set out in the Schedule to this Order in respect of a person to whom Condition 1 (within the meaning of section 32 of that Act) applies; and
(b)section 39 (consequential amendments).
3. (1) Subject to paragraph (2), section 32 applies, to the extent to which it is commenced in article 2(a), to persons convicted before the passing of that Act who are in custody at the time of commencement or whose sentences are suspended at the time of commencement.
(2) Paragraph (1) does not apply to a person who has been served with a notice of a decision to make a deportation order under section 5 of the Immigration Act 1971(1) before 1st August 2008.
Minister of State
8th July 2008
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: