- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
78. (1) Paragraphs (2) and (3) prescribe the envelopes which are to be issued to a postal voter in addition to the ballot paper and declaration of identity (which are issued under rule 24 of the elections rules(1)).
(2) There shall be issued an envelope for the return of the postal ballot paper and the declaration of identity (referred to as a “covering envelope”) which shall be marked with the letter “B”.
(3) There shall also be issued a smaller envelope (referred to as a “ballot paper envelope”) which shall be marked with—
(a)the letter “A”;
(b)the words “ballot paper envelope”; and
(c)the number of the ballot paper, unless the envelope has a window through which the number on the ballot paper (or ballot papers) can be displayed.
(4) Where the polls are taken together—
(a)the envelope referred to in paragraph (2) must also be marked “Covering envelope for the [insert the colour of the ballot paper] coloured ballot paper”; and
(b)on the envelope referred to in paragraph (3) after the words “Ballot paper envelope” there must be added “for the [insert colour of the ballot paper]coloured ballot paper”.
Rule 24 was substituted by paragraph 10(3) of Schedule 6 to the 2000 Act and then by section 37 of the 2006 Act (c22).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: