- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Electoral Administration Act 2006 (Commencement No.1 and Transitional Provisions) (Northern Ireland) Order 2008.
(2) In this Order—
“the 2000 Act” means the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000(1); and
“the 2006 Act” means the Electoral Administration Act 2006.
2. (1) Subject to article 3 and the Schedule to this Order, the provisions of the 2006 Act specified in paragraph (2) shall come into force on 1st July 2008 so far as they extend to Northern Ireland.
(2) The provisions referred to in paragraph (1) are—
(a)section 61 (regulation of loans etc.), except so far as—
(i)it provides, by subsection (1), for the insertion of section 71S(3) of the 2000 Act; and
(ii)it provides, by subsection (5), for the insertion of paragraphs 2(3) and 3(2) of Schedule 6A to the 2000 Act;
(b)section 62 (regulation of loans: power to make provision for candidates, third parties and referendums);
(c)section 74 (miscellaneous amendments and repeals) so far as it relates to the provisions referred to in sub-paragraphs (d) and (e);
(d)in Schedule 1 (amendments) —
(i)paragraphs 97 to 102 except so far as paragraph 99 provides for the insertion of paragraph 16 of Schedule 7A to the 2000 Act;
(ii)paragraphs 140, 141, 144, 146, 148, 150, 151, 153 and 154(1), (2) and (4) to (7);
(e)in Schedule 2 (repeals) in the entries relating to the 2000 Act, the references relating to —
(i)sections 50(2)(e), 50(4) and 53(4)(a); and
(ii)paragraphs 2 and 5(4)(a) of Schedule 7.
3. The Schedule to this Order, which makes transitional provisions, has effect.
Minister of State
Northern Ireland Office
25th June 2008
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: