- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. (1) After section 72L of the 1986 Act (inserted by article 3), insert—
72M. (1) The information specified in Schedule 10C must be given in notes to a building society’s annual accounts.
(2) The Treasury may, by order, modify the provisions of Schedule 10C.
(3) An order under this section may—
(a)make consequential amendments of or repeals in other provisions of this Act;
(b)make such transitional or saving provisions as appear to the Treasury to be necessary or expedient;
(c)make different provision for different cases.
(4) The power to make an order under this section is exercisable by statutory instrument but no such order shall be made unless a draft of it has been laid before and approved by a resolution of each House of Parliament.
(5) In this section “modify” includes amend, add to or repeal.”.
(2) In Schedule 10A to the 1986 Act (disclosures about directors, other officers and employees in notes to accounts)(1), omit paragraphs 11 and 12.
(3) Schedule 1, which inserts Schedule 10C into the 1986 Act, has effect.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: