- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
58. (1) This article applies to the construction of Works Nos. 1 to 8 (Sheets Nos. 224 to 239 of the deposited plans) so far as they relate to or affect the functions of the local highway authority.
(2) Before the Harbour Authority constructs any works referred to in paragraph (1) the Harbour Authority must first notify the local highway authority.
(3) During the construction of the works referred to in paragraph (1), the Harbour Authority shall at all times comply with all reasonable requests of the local highway authority as to public safety, standards of construction and traffic management and shall construct those works under the supervision (if given) of the local highway authority.
(4) For the purposes of the works referred to in paragraph (1), or of complying with the requests of the local highway authority pursuant to paragraph (3), the Harbour Authority may act as agent of the local highway authority.
(5) The Harbour Authority and the local highway authority may enter into agreements with respect to the construction of junctions and other highway improvement, construction or alteration works and such agreements may (without prejudice to the generality of this paragraph)—
(a)make provision for the local highway authority or the Harbour Authority to carry out any functions under this Order which relate to Works Nos. 1 to 8 (Sheets Nos. 224 to 239 of the deposited plans) and for these purposes section 278 of the 1980 Act shall be construed as permitting the Harbour Authority or those authorised on its behalf to carry out the works in the public highway;
(b)provide for the vesting of the whole or any part of Works Nos. 1 to 8 (Sheets Nos. 224 to 239 of the deposited plans) in the local highway authority; and
(c)contain such terms as to payment or otherwise as the parties consider appropriate.
(6) Nothing in this Order shall prevent the local highway authority at its own cost from constructing under its existing powers under the 1980 Act any part of Works Nos. 1 to 8 (Sheets Nos. 224 to 239 of the deposited plans).
(1) The Harbour Authority shall reimburse to the local highway authority the costs incurred for any supervision by the local highway authority of the Harbour Authority pursuant to paragraph (3) insofar as:
(a)that supervision is of those of the works referred to in paragraph (1) that it has been agreed at the time of supervision will be adopted by the local highway authority; and
(b)the local highway authority’s costs do not exceed 5% of the cost of those works referred to in sub-paragraph (a).
(2) This article is without prejudice to the operation of section 278 of the 1980 Act.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: