- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
30. In this Part “keeper of the register” means the Secretary of State or the person keeping a register on the Secretary of State’s behalf.
31. (1) The Secretary of State shall maintain one or more registers of the following documents—
(a)energy performance certificates and recommendation reports;
(b)display energy certificates; and
(2) Where an energy assessor issues any of the documents referred to in paragraph (1) he must ensure that it, and the data that was collected to produce it, is entered onto the relevant register before he gives it to the person who requested that he issue it.
(3) Each document entered onto the register—
(a)shall be registered under a unique reference number; and
(b)shall not be altered once registered.
(4) Any document or data entered onto the register must be kept on the register for a period of at least 20 years beginning on the date on which it is entered onto the register.
32. The keeper of the register may charge a fee of £1.15 for entering any document on the register.
33. (1) The keeper of the register may only disclose any document or data entered onto the register if authorised by this Part.
(2) In this Part, a reference to the disclosure of a document includes a reference to the disclosure of information derived from a document.
34. (1) This regulation applies where any person—
(a)requests the keeper of the register to disclose a particular document; and
(b)provides to the keeper of the register the relevant reference number of the document he is seeking to be disclosed.
(2) The keeper of the register may disclose to such a person—
(a)the document the person requested; and
(b)any document of the same kind relating to the same building or part of a building as the requested document, which was registered at any time during the period of 10 years ending on the date of the request.
35. The keeper of the register may disclose to an approved accreditation scheme operator—
(a)any document which was prepared by an energy assessor who was a member of the scheme at the time the document was entered into the register; and
(b)any associated data.
36. The keeper of the register may disclose any document or data to an authorised officer of an enforcement authority.
37. The keeper of the register may disclose any document or data to an officer of the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government—
(a)for the purpose of enabling the Secretary of State to monitor the application and enforcement of, and compliance with, the duties imposed by these Regulations; or
(b)for statistical or research purposes,
provided that no particular property is identifiable from the document or data disclosed.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: