- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
60.—(1) A black ball, 60 centimetres in diameter, suspended from a mast signifies that the directions of take off and landing are not necessarily the same.
(2) A chequered flag or board, 1.2 metres by 90 centimetres, containing 12 equal squares, 4 horizontally and 3 vertically, coloured red and yellow alternately, signifies that aircraft may move on the manoeuvring area and apron only in accordance with the permission of the air traffic control unit at the aerodrome.
(3) Two red balls, 60 centimetres in diameter, positioned vertically one above the other, 60 centimetres apart and suspended from a mast, signify that glider flying is in progress at the aerodrome.
(4) Black, Arabic numerals in two-figure groups and, where parallel runways are provided, the letter or letters L (left), LC (left centre), C (centre), RC (right centre) and R (right), placed against a yellow background, indicate the direction for take-off or the runway in use.
(5) A black letter C against a yellow background, as illustrated in this paragraph,
indicates the position at which a pilot can report to the air traffic control unit or to the person in charge of the aerodrome.
(6) A rectangular green flag of not less than 60 centimetres square and not more than 66 centimetres square, flown from a mast, indicates that a right-hand circuit is in force.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: