- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
47. (1) During the night an aircraft shall—
(a)display such of the lights specified in this Section as it is required by this Section; and
(b)subject to rule 49(6), not display any other lights which might obscure or otherwise impair the visibility of, or be mistaken for, such lights.
(2) Subject to rule 48(4) an aircraft fitted with an anti-collision light shall display that light in flight during the day.
(3) A flying machine on a United Kingdom aerodrome shall—
(a)during the night display either the lights which it would be required to display when flying or the lights specified in rule 49(5)(c) unless it is stationary on the apron or on that part of the aerodrome provided for the maintenance of aircraft; and
(b)during the day and night and subject to paragraph (4), display a red anti-collision light, if it is fitted with one, when it is stationary on the apron with engines running.
(4) A helicopter to which article 38 applies may, when stationary on an offshore installation, switch off the anti-collision light required to be shown by paragraph (3)(b) as long as that is done in accordance with a procedure contained in the operations manual of the helicopter as a signal to ground personnel that it is safe to approach the helicopter for the purpose of embarkation or disembarkation of passengers or the loading or unloading of cargo.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: