- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
3.—(1) The Council may construct and maintain the scheduled works.
(2) Subject to article 4 (power to deviate), the scheduled works may only be constructed in the lines or situations shown on the works plans and in accordance with the levels shown on the sections.
(3) The Council may, within the limits of deviation, carry out and maintain such works for the benefit or protection of maritime traffic as may be necessary or expedient for the purposes of, or for purposes ancillary to, the construction of the scheduled works.
(4) Subject to paragraph (5), the Council may carry out and maintain such of the following works as may be necessary or expedient for the purposes of, or for purposes ancillary to, the construction of the scheduled works, namely—
(a)works to alter the position of apparatus, including mains, sewers, drains and cables;
(b)landscaping and other works to mitigate any adverse effects of the construction, maintenance or operation of the scheduled works;
(c)works for the benefit or protection of premises affected by the scheduled works; and
(d)monitoring and surveying the Ouseburn.
(5) Without prejudice to the generality of paragraph (4), within the limits of deviation or on any land to be acquired or used by the Council for the purposes of this Order the Council may, for the purposes of, and for purposes ancillary to, the construction or maintenance of the authorised works—
(a)make junctions and communications between any of those works and any watercourses and any existing streets, roads, ways, river walls, bridges and footpaths;
(b)make, provide and maintain all necessary or convenient—
(i)buildings, walls, banks, embankments, slipways, pavings, yards, moorings;
(ii)rollers and other facilities for transporting boats; and
(iii)piling, fences, culverts, drains, intakes, syphons, watercourses, weirs, sluices, wharves, mattresses, pitching, gabions, roads, bridges, paths, mains, pipes, cables, wires, machinery works and appliances.
(6) Section 9 of the Salmon and Freshwater Fisheries Act 1975(1) shall not apply to the construction of the authorised works or to the alteration thereof.
(7) On the completion of any part of the works authorised by this article the Council shall remove all temporary works placed by it in exercise of the powers conferred by this article.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: