- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3. (1) The Council may construct and maintain the scheduled works.
(2) Subject to article 4 (power to deviate), the scheduled works may only be constructed in the lines or situations shown on the works plans and in accordance with the levels shown on the sections.
(3) The Council may, within the limits of deviation, carry out and maintain such works for the benefit or protection of maritime traffic as may be necessary or expedient for the purposes of, or for purposes ancillary to, the construction of the scheduled works.
(4) Subject to paragraph (5), the Council may carry out and maintain such of the following works as may be necessary or expedient for the purposes of, or for purposes ancillary to, the construction of the scheduled works, namely—
(a)works to alter the position of apparatus, including mains, sewers, drains and cables;
(b)landscaping and other works to mitigate any adverse effects of the construction, maintenance or operation of the scheduled works;
(c)works for the benefit or protection of premises affected by the scheduled works; and
(d)monitoring and surveying the Ouseburn.
(5) Without prejudice to the generality of paragraph (4), within the limits of deviation or on any land to be acquired or used by the Council for the purposes of this Order the Council may, for the purposes of, and for purposes ancillary to, the construction or maintenance of the authorised works—
(a)make junctions and communications between any of those works and any watercourses and any existing streets, roads, ways, river walls, bridges and footpaths;
(b)make, provide and maintain all necessary or convenient—
(i)buildings, walls, banks, embankments, slipways, pavings, yards, moorings;
(ii)rollers and other facilities for transporting boats; and
(iii)piling, fences, culverts, drains, intakes, syphons, watercourses, weirs, sluices, wharves, mattresses, pitching, gabions, roads, bridges, paths, mains, pipes, cables, wires, machinery works and appliances.
(6) Section 9 of the Salmon and Freshwater Fisheries Act 1975(1) shall not apply to the construction of the authorised works or to the alteration thereof.
(7) On the completion of any part of the works authorised by this article the Council shall remove all temporary works placed by it in exercise of the powers conferred by this article.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: