- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1.—(1) A keeper must notify the Secretary of State within three days of any movement of cattle on to or off a holding—
(a)using the Secretary of State’s interactive website;
(b)using software approved by the Secretary of State; or
(c)in writing, using the movement card provided by the Secretary of State,
and must provide all the required information.
(2) Failure to comply with this paragraph is an offence.
2.—(1) When an animal is slaughtered in a slaughterhouse, the occupier of the slaughterhouse must notify the death by completing the death details in the passport and giving it to the official veterinarian or his representative at the time of slaughter.
(2) If an animal is slaughtered outside a slaughterhouse but sent to a slaughterhouse for dressing, the keeper must complete the death details in the passport and send it with the animal to the slaughterhouse, and the occupier of the slaughterhouse must notify the death by giving the passport to the official veterinarian or his representative when the animal arrives at the slaughterhouse.
(3) In any other case, when an animal dies or is killed the keeper must notify the death by completing the death details in the passport and sending it to the Secretary of State within seven days.
(4) If an animal does not have a cattle passport, the keeper must notify its death to the Secretary of State in writing within seven days, and include the ear tag number, the date of death and the holding on which it died.
(5) In this paragraph “official veterinarian” means the person appointed as such by the Food Standards Agency.
(6) Failure to comply with this paragraph is an offence.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: