- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
10. (1) This Regulation applies to the description of any land which is the subject of an application for registration as a town or village green.
(2) Land must be described for the purposes of any application—
(a)by an Ordnance map accompanying the application and referred to in that application; or
(b)in the case of land already registered as common land, if the application relates to the whole of the land in a register unit, by a reference to that register unit.
(3) Any Ordnance map accompanying an application must—
(a)be on a scale of not less than 1:2,500;
(b)show the land to be described by means of distinctive colouring; and
(c)be marked as an exhibit to the statutory declaration in support of the application.
(4) In this regulation, “register unit” has the same meaning as in the General Regulations.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: