- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
This Statutory Instrument has been made in consequence of defects in S.I. 2006/2916 and is being issued free of charge to all known recipients of that Statutory Instrument.
12th February 2007
Laid before Parliament
15th February 2007
Coming into force
12th March 2007
The Secretary of State makes the following Regulations in exercise of the powers conferred on him by section 11 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987(1).
In accordance with section 11(5) of that Act he has consulted such organisations as appear to him to be representative of interests substantially affected by these Regulations, such other persons as he considers appropriate and the Health and Safety Commission.
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Dangerous Substances and Preparations (Safety) (Amendment) Regulations 2007 and shall come into force on 12th March 2007.
2. (1) The Dangerous Substances and Preparations (Safety) Regulations 2006(2) are amended as follows.
(2) In regulation 1(2) there is substituted for the coming into force date of 24th August 2007 in respect of regulation 12 (Toluene) the coming into force date of 15th June 2007.
(3) In regulation 8(4) (Fuel for decorative lamps) the words “which this” are omitted where they appear the second time.
3. (1) The Chemicals (Hazard Information and Packaging for Supply) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2002(3) are amended as follows.
(2) In regulation 8(4) for “the Dangerous Substances and Preparations (Safety) (Consolidation) Regulations 1994” there is substituted “the Dangerous Substances and Preparations (Safety) Regulations 2006”.
(3) For regulation 8(5)(a) there is substituted:
“(a)a substance specified in regulation 7 of the Dangerous Substances and Preparations (Safety) Regulations 2006; or”.
Minister for Trade, Investment and Foreign Affairs
Department of Trade and Industry
12th February 2007
(This note is not part of the Regulations)
These Regulations correct two errors in the Dangerous Substances and Preparations (Safety) Regulations 2006 (the principal Regulations). Regulation 1(2) provided that regulation 12 (Toluene) should come into force on 24th August 2007. These Regulations correct that date to 15th June 2007. They also remove two words in regulation 8(4) which were repeated. In addition regulation 3 amends the two references to the Dangerous Substances and Preparations (Safety) (Consolidation) Regulations 1994 (which were revoked by the principal Regulations) in the Chemicals (Hazard Information and Packaging for Supply) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2002 to refer instead to the principal Regulations.
A full regulatory impact assessment has not been produced for this instrument as no impact on the private or voluntary sectors is foreseen.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: