- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
12. (1) In Chapter 3 of Part 16 of that Act (functions of auditor)—
(a)sections 495 to 498 (auditor’s report and duties of auditor) apply to auditors’ reports on accounts or reports for financial years beginning on or after 6th April 2008;
(b)sections 499 to 501 (rights of auditors) apply to auditors appointed for financial years beginning on or after that date;
(c)sections 503 to 509 (signature of auditor’s report and offences in connection with auditor’s report) apply to auditors’ reports on accounts or reports for financial years beginning on or after that date.
(2) Sections 235 to 237, 389A and 389B of the 1985 Act or Articles 243 to 245, 397A and 397B of the 1986 Order continue to apply as regards financial years beginning before that date.
(3) Section 502 of the Companies Act 2006 (auditor’s rights in relation to resolutions and meetings) applies to auditors appointed on or after 6th April 2008.
(4) Section 390 of the 1985 Act or Article 398 of the 1986 Order continues to apply to auditors appointed before that date.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: