- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
17.—(1) On receipt of a copy of the prosecution papers, the court administration officer shall order a court-martial to convene to try the accused.
(2) The court administration officer shall consult the judge advocate before specifying the time and place for the hearing of any proceedings.
(3) Not less than 24 hours before the time appointed for the arraignment of the accused, the court administration officer shall send the convening order to the judge advocate and serve a copy of the convening order on—
(b)the prosecuting authority; and
(c)the other members of the court.
(4) At the same time as the accused is served with a copy of the convening order in accordance with paragraph (3), the court administration officer shall notify the accused that any person whom he reasonably requires to give evidence in any proceedings before the court-martial may be notified on his behalf by the court administration officer.
(5) If the court administration officer amends or withdraws the convening order, he shall serve notice in writing on the persons listed in paragraph (3).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: