- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1.—(1) These Regulations may be cited as the Companies Acts (Unregistered Companies) Regulations 2007.
(2) These Regulations come into force on 6th April 2007.
2. In these Regulations an “unregistered company” means a body to which section 1043 of the Companies Act 2006 applies.
3. The provisions of the Companies Acts listed in the Schedule to these Regulations apply to an unregistered company as to a company within the meaning of section 735(1) of the Companies Act 1985(1) or Article 3(1) of the Companies (Northern Ireland) Order 1986(2), subject to any limitation, adaptation or modification specified in the Schedule.
4. In the application of any provision of the Companies Acts to an unregistered company by virtue of these Regulations—
(a)any reference to a company’s registered office shall be read as a reference to the company’s principal office in the United Kingdom,
(b)any reference to the part of the United Kingdom in which the company is registered shall be read as a reference to the part of the United Kingdom in which that office is situated, and
(c)any reference to the registrar of companies shall be read accordingly.
5.—(1) In the application of any provision of the Companies Acts to an unregistered company by virtue of these Regulations, an expression defined, or otherwise having a particular meaning or effect, in relation to a company within the meaning of section 735(1) of the Companies Act 1985(3) or Article 3(1) of the Companies (Northern Ireland) Order 1986(4) has effect with any adaptations necessary to ensure a corresponding meaning or effect in relation to an unregistered company.
(2) This is without prejudice to any specific adaptation provided for in these Regulations.
6. Nothing in these Regulations affects the application of any provision to an unregistered company otherwise than by virtue of these Regulations.
Minister of State for Industry and the Regions
Department of Trade and Industry
7th February 2007
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: