- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
17. (1) Subject to paragraphs (2) to (4), a member is to hold office for a fixed period of four years from the date of his election or appointment.
(2) Paragraph (1) does not apply to any staff member who is the teacher in charge of a unit, who may hold office for as long as he is the teacher in charge.
(3) The instrument of government may specify a shorter term of office for a particular category of member, being not less than one year.
(4) This regulation does not prevent a member from—
(a)being elected or appointed for a further term, except as otherwise provided in these regulations;
(b)resigning his office in accordance with regulation 18(1);
(c)being removed from office in accordance with regulation 19; or
(d)being disqualified, by virtue of any provision of these Regulations, from holding or continuing to hold office.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: