- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
60. (1) For the purposes of proceedings under this Order in England and Wales—
(a)a fitness to practise committee or the Registration Appeals Committee may administer oaths; and
(b)a fitness to practise committee, the Registration Appeals Committee or any party to proceedings before them may issue a writ of subpoena ad testificandum or subpoena duces tecum.
(2) No person shall be compelled under any such writ to produce any document which he could not be compelled to produce on the trial of an action.
(3) Section 36 of the Supreme Court Act 1981(1) (subpoena issued by High Court to run throughout the United Kingdom) shall apply in relation to any such proceedings in England and Wales as it applies in relation to causes and matters in the High Court.
(4) For the purposes of any such proceedings in Scotland, the committee may administer oaths and the Court of Session shall on the application of any party to the proceedings have the like power as in any action in that court—
(a)to grant warrant for the citation of witnesses and havers to give evidence or to produce documents before the committee, and for the issue of letters of second diligence against any witnesses or havers failing to appear after due citation;
(b)to grant warrant for the recovery of documents; and
(c)to grant commissions to persons to take the evidence of witnesses or to examine havers and receive their exhibits and productions.
(a)several sittings of a fitness to practise committee are required to enable the committee to dispose of a case; or
(b)on an appeal to the relevant court under article 56, the case is remitted to a fitness to practise committee to dispose of the case in accordance with directions given by the court,
the validity of the proceedings on the case before the committee shall not be called into question by reason only that members of the committee who were present at a former meeting were not present at a later meeting of the committee or that members present at a later meeting were not present at a former meeting of the committee.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: