- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
30. (1) The Council may make such provision in rules in connection with the Society’s registers as it considers appropriate, and may in particular make provision with regard to—
(a)the form and keeping of the Society’s registers and the making of entries, alterations and corrections to them;
(b)the entry or entries for persons using more than one name;
(c)the recording of the date of a person’s registration;
(d)the recording of addresses (including home addresses);
(e)the recording of titles, qualifications and specialisations (including the recording of those titles, qualifications or specialisations in Welsh, where appropriate);
(f)the recording of continuing professional development matters; and
(g)the recording of fitness to practise matters, including warnings issued by a fitness to practise committee.
(2) The Registrar shall cause to be published from time to time in such manner as he sees fit lists comprising information in or derived from entries in the Society’s registers, but the lists published in accordance with this paragraph shall not include information in or derived from entries in respect of a person whose registration, at the time of publication, is suspended.
(3) The Council shall determine the form of the publication of the lists mentioned in paragraph (2) and the information that the lists are to contain, which may include—
(a)a note specifying in which part of the Society’s registers a person is registered;
(b)a person’s registration number;
(c)the area (by reference to a city, town or district) in which a person lives and contact details, but a person’s home address shall not be published without his consent;
(d)a note in respect of fitness to practise matters, including in respect of—
(i)any conditions to which a person’s registration is subject, and
(ii)any warnings regarding his future conduct or performance; and
(e)a note in respect of a person’s specialisations which are the subject of annotations.
(a)for the purposes of articles 33 to 35, 37 and 39 and Part 5 (and rules under or that relate to those provisions); and
(b)in such circumstances or for such other purposes as the Council may prescribe,
if a person’s registration in one of the Society’s registers is suspended, he shall be treated as not being registered in it, notwithstanding that his name still appears in it.
(5) Accordingly, a pharmacist whose registration in the Register of Pharmacists is suspended is not a registered pharmacist for the purposes of other legislation or the Charter.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: