- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
16.—(1) The Society may enter into arrangements with another body for that body to assist the Society in carrying out its functions under articles 14 and 15.
(2) Approval or accreditation may be granted under articles 14 and 15 in respect of a programme or course of education or training that only provides part of the education or training needed for an approved or accredited course or programme, or for an approved qualification, where the Society is satisfied that there are appropriate arrangements in place for persons participating in the education or training to receive the remainder of the education or training necessary for the approved or accredited course or programme, or for the approved qualification, elsewhere.
(3) The Council may make such provision in rules in connection with—
(a)authorising the Registrar to perform any of the Society’s functions under articles 14 and 15;
(b)the making, varying, suspending or revoking of any determination under articles14 and 15;
(c)as regards approvals or accreditations under articles 14 and 15—
(i)granting (including provisionally granting) or refusing any approval or accreditation,
(ii)probationary arrangements (including action plans for providers of new courses) or the imposition of remedial measures, and
(iii)appeals related to paragraphs (i) and (ii); and
(d)appeals by candidates and prospective candidates in relation to the assessment arrangements determined under articles 14 and 15,
as it considers appropriate.
(4) The Council shall provide in rules for the procedure to be followed (including, where appropriate, the appeals procedure) for withdrawing or suspending any approval or accreditation that the Society has granted under articles 14 and 15.
(5) In making, varying, suspending or revoking any determination mentioned in this article, or granting, refusing, suspending or withdrawing any accreditation or approval mentioned in this article, the Society shall ensure that the relevant requirements of—
(b)the Pharmacy Qualifications Directive; and
(c)the Council Directive 85/432/EEC concerning the co-ordination of provisions laid down by law, regulation or administrative action in respect of certain activities in the field of pharmacy(1), as amended(2),
are met, and shall act in a manner which is consistent with those requirements.
(6) Determinations, approvals and accreditations mentioned in this article shall be published by the Society in such manner as it sees fit.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: