- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
5.—(1) The Promoter may construct and maintain the scheduled works.
(2) Subect to article 6 (power to deviate), the scheduled works may only be constructed in the lines or situations shown on the deposited plans and in accordance with the levels shown on the deposited sections.
(3) Subject to paragraph (5), the Promoter may carry out and maintain such of the following works as may be necessary or expedient for the purposes of, or for purposes ancillary to, the construction of the scheduled works, namely—
(a)works for the strengthening, alteration or demolition of any building or structure;
(b)works to construct, improve or alter the position of any apparatus, including mains, sewers, drains and cables;
(c)works to alter the course of, or otherwise interfere with, non-navigable rivers, streams or watercourses;
(d)landscaping and other works to mitigate any adverse effects of the construction, maintenance or operation of the authorised works;
(e)facilities and works for the benefit or protection of land or premises affected by the authorised works;
(f)works to make, provide and maintain all such apparatus, bridges, ramps, means of access, shafts and stagings as the Promoter thinks fit;
(g)works to construct, provide and maintain all such embankments, aprons, abutments, retaining walls, wing walls and culverts; and
(h)construction of earthworks, fencing, drainage, utilities, points, signalling and culverts.
(4) Subject to paragraph (5), the Promoter may carry out and maintain such other works (of whatever nature) as may be necessary or expedient for the purposes of, or for purposes ancillary to, the construction of the scheduled works, other than works that would interfere with a navigable watercourse.
(5) Paragraphs (3) and (4) shall only authorise the carrying out or maintenance of works within the limits of deviation shown on the deposited plans for the scheduled works.
6.—(1) In constructing or maintaining any of the scheduled works, the Promoter may—
(a)deviate laterally from the lines or situations shown on the deposited plans within the limits of deviation relating to that work shown on those plans; and
(b)deviate vertically from the levels shown on the deposited sections—
(i)to any extent not exceeding 3 metres upwards; and
(ii)to any extent downwards.
(2) In constructing any work shown on the deposited plans as situated in a street and for which no limits of deviation are shown on those plans the Promoter may deviate laterally within the boundaries of that street.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: