- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
25. (1) DLRL may enter upon and appropriate so much of the surface, subsoil of, or airspace over, any street shown on the deposited plans and described in the book of reference as may be required for the purposes of the authorised works and may use the surface, subsoil and air-space for those purposes or any other purpose ancillary to its undertaking.
(2) Subject to paragraph (4), the power under paragraph (1) may be exercised in relation to a street without DLRL being required to acquire any part of the street or any easement or right in the street and except in relation to a street which is subject to stopping up pursuant to article 9 (stopping up of streets), the powers of compulsory acquisition of land conferred by this Order shall not apply in relation to the street.
(3) Subject to paragraph (5), any person who is an owner or occupier of land in respect of which the power of appropriation conferred by paragraph (1) is exercised without DLRL acquiring any part of that person’s interest in the land, and who suffers loss by the exercise of that power, shall be entitled to compensation to be determined, in case of dispute, under Part 1 of the 1961 Act.
(4) Paragraph (2) shall not apply in relation to—
(a)any subway or underground building; or
(b)any cellar, vault, arch or other construction in, on or under a street which forms part of a building fronting on to the street.
(5) Compensation shall not be payable under paragraph (3) to any person who is an undertaker to whom section 85 of the 1991 Act applies in respect of measures of which the allowable costs are to be borne in accordance with that section.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: