- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
11. (1) Part 7 of Schedule 4 to the Principal Commencement Order (transitional provisions relating to the conversion of licences etc. issued under enactments to be repealed into premises licences under the Gambling Act 2005) is amended as follows.
(2) In paragraph 54—
(a)in sub-paragraph (4), after “Subject to” insert “sub-paragraph (5A) and”;
(b)after sub-paragraph (5), insert—
(a)a person making a conversion application does not hold a relevant operating licence on the date on which he makes the application, and
(b)that person’s application for a relevant operating licence is rejected before the conversion application is granted,
the licensing authority must reject the conversion application; and if the licensing authority grant the conversion application, any premises licence issued on such an application shall be of no effect.”; and
(c)after sub-paragraph (8) insert—
“(9) In this paragraph “relevant operating licence” in relation to a conversion application means an operating licence (other than an interim operating licence) which authorises the person making the application to carry on the activity in respect of which the premises licence is sought.”.
(3) In paragraph 55(4) for “28th July” substitute “31st July”.
(4) The amendment made by paragraph (3) does not apply to any request made under paragraph 55(2) or (3) of Schedule 4 to the Principal Commencement Order which is made before the date on which this Order comes into force.
(5) In paragraph 62(8), in paragraph (b) for the words from “in a case to which paragraph 60(2)(b)(ii) applies” to the end of that paragraph substitute “in a case to which sub-paragraph (5A) of paragraph 54 applies, until the date on which the application for the relevant operating licence referred to in that sub-paragraph is rejected”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: