- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
32. (1) The supervisory authorities mentioned in paragraph (2), (3) or (4) may, in order to fulfil their duties under regulation 24, maintain a register under this regulation.
(2) The Authority may maintain a register of Annex I financial institutions.
(3) The OFT may maintain registers of—
(a)consumer credit financial institutions; and
(4) The Commissioners may maintain registers of—
(b)external accountants; and
who are not supervised by the Secretary of State, DETI or any of the professional bodies listed in Schedule 3.
(5) Where a supervisory authority decides to maintain a register under this regulation, it must take reasonable steps to bring its decision to the attention of those relevant persons in respect of whom the register is to be established.
(6) A supervisory authority may keep a register under this regulation in any form it thinks fit.
(7) A supervisory authority may publish or make available to public inspection all or part of a register maintained by it under this regulation.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: