- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5. (1) Subject to paragraphs (2) and (3), every teacher must—
(a)register with the IfL by 31st March 2008 or, in the case of any teacher appointed after 1st September 2007, within 6 months of the date of his appointment; and
(b)maintain that registration continuously thereafter.
(2) Sub-paragraph (1) does not apply to a teacher who is employed solely in a sixth form college and is registered with the GTC(E).
(3) Sub-paragraph (1) does not apply to a teacher who is employed both in a school and a further education institution and is registered with the GTC(E), provided he commenced such dual employment and registered with the GTC(E) before 1st September 2007.
(4) Every teacher referred to in sub-paragraphs (2) and (3) must provide the IfL with his GTC(E) registration details by 31st August every year.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: