- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
52. (1) The Secretary of State may authorise any person to be a wildlife officer.
(2) A competent authority may authorise any person to be a wildlife officer, subject to and in accordance with the agreement of the Secretary of State.
(3) An authorisation under paragraph (1) or (2) must be in writing and may be subject to any conditions or limitations specified in it.
(4) Payments may be made by way of remuneration, allowances, expenses or otherwise—
(a)by the Secretary of State to any person authorised under paragraph (1);
(b)by a competent authority to any person authorised by it under paragraph (2).
(5) An agreement under paragraph (2) may be subject to conditions or limitations and may make provision for payment by the Secretary of State to reimburse the competent authority for the expenses it incurs in connection with and for the purposes of the agreement.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: