- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
10. (1) A notice may be given to an early years provider by the Chief Inspector—
(a)by delivering it to him,
(b)by sending it by post,
(c)subject to paragraph (2), by transmitting it electronically.
(2) If the notice is transmitted electronically, it is to be treated as given only if the following requirements are met—
(a)the person upon whom the notice is required or authorised to be given must have indicated to the Chief Inspector his willingness to receive notices transmitted by electronic means and must have provided an address suitable for that purpose; and
(b)the notice must be sent to the address provided by him.
(3) An indication given for the purposes of paragraph (2) must be given for the purpose of the service of notices under this regulation.
(4) For the purposes of section 7 of the Interpretation Act 1978(1) (references to service by post) a notice under this regulation is to be treated as properly addressed if it is addressed to the early years provider at the address notified to the Chief Inspector as the address to which correspondence to him should be sent.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: