Inspection of licensed and other premises
11. (1) Section 9 (licence committees and other committees) is amended as follows.
(2) After subsection (7), insert—
“(7A) Before considering such an application, the licence committee may also arrange for—
(a)any premises that will be relevant third party premises for the purposes of the application to be inspected on its behalf, and
(b)a report on the inspection to be made to it.”.
(3) For subsection (8) substitute—
“(8) A licence committee shall arrange for any premises to which a licence relates to be inspected on its behalf at intervals not exceeding two years, and for a report on the inspection to be made to it.”.
(4) Omit subsection (9).
(5) In subsection (10) , for “one year” substitute “two years”.
(6) After subsection (10), insert—
“(10A) A licence committee may arrange for any relevant third party premises to be inspected on its behalf and for a report on the inspection to be made to it.”.
(7) In subsection (11), for “(7) or (8)” substitute “(7), (7A), (8) or (10A)”.