- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. No customer shall be able to access the premises directly from any other premises in respect of which one of the following premises licences has effect—
(a)a casino premises licence;
(b)an adult gaming centre premises licence.
2. A notice stating that no person under the age of 18 is permitted to bet on the premises shall be displayed in a prominent place at every public entrance to the premises.
3. The terms on which a bet may be placed must be displayed in a prominent place within the premises to which customers wishing to use facilities for betting have unrestricted access.
4. The premises licence holder shall make arrangements to ensure that betting operators who are admitted to the premises for the purpose of accepting bets—
(a)will be operating under a valid operating licence; and
(b)are enabled to accept such bets in accordance with—
(i)the conditions imposed under sections 92 (general betting operating licence) or 93 (pool betting operating licence) of the 2005 Act, or
(ii)an authorisation under section 94 (horse-race pool betting operating licence) of that Act.
5. The premises licence holder shall make arrangements to ensure that reasonable steps are taken to remove from the premises any person who is found to be accepting bets on the premises otherwise than in accordance with the 2005 Act.
6. Any ATM made available for use on the premises shall be located in a place that requires any customer who wishes to use it to cease gambling in order to do so.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: