- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. A notice stating that no person under the age of 18 years is permitted to enter the premises shall be displayed in a prominent place at every entrance to the premises.
2.—(1) Access to the premises shall be from a street or from other premises with a betting premises licence.
(2) Without prejudice to sub-paragraph (1), there shall be no means of direct access between the premises and other premises used for the retail sale of merchandise or services.
3. Subject to anything permitted by virtue of the 2005 Act, or done in accordance with paragraphs 4, 5, 6 and 7 below, the premises shall not be used for any purpose other than for providing facilities for betting.
4. Any ATM made available for use on the premises shall be located in a place that requires any customer who wishes to use it to leave any gaming machine or betting machine in order to do so.
5. No apparatus for making information or other material available in the form of sounds or visual images may be used on the premises, except for apparatus used for the following purposes—
(a)communicating information about, or coverage of, sporting events, including—
(i)information relating to betting on such an event; and
(ii)any other matter or information, including an advertisement, which is incidental to such an event;
(b)communicating information relating to betting on any event (including the result of the event) in connection with which betting transactions may be or have been effected on the premises.
6. No publications, other than racing periodicals or specialist betting publications, may be sold or offered for sale on the premises.
7. No music, dancing or other entertainment shall be provided or permitted on the premises, save for entertainment provided in accordance with paragraph 5.
8.—(1) No alcohol shall be permitted to be consumed on the premises at any time during which facilities for gambling are being provided on the premises.
(2) A notice stating the condition in sub-paragraph (1) shall be displayed in a prominent place at every entrance to the premises.
9. A notice setting out the terms on which customers are invited to bet on the premises shall be displayed in a prominent place on the premises to which customers have unrestricted access.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: