- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
34. After section 86 insert—
(1) This section applies where a local government finance report for a chargeable financial year has been approved by the Assembly and, before the year ends, the Welsh Ministers form the view that fresh circumstances affecting the finances of local authorities have arisen since the approval.
(2) For the year concerned the Welsh Ministers may pay a grant (“additional grant”) to receiving authorities in accordance with this section and section 86B.
(3) Where the Welsh Ministers propose to pay additional grant for a financial year they shall make a determination under this section.
(4) A determination shall state—
(a)the amount of grant for the year, and
(b)the basis on which the Welsh Ministers propose to distribute it among receiving authorities.
(5) A determination shall be specified in a report and the report shall be laid before the Assembly.
(6) As soon as is reasonably practicable after the report is laid before the Assembly the Welsh Ministers shall send a copy of it to each receiving authority.
(1) This section applies where in accordance with section 86A a determination as regards additional grant has been made for a financial year and specified in a report which has been laid before the Assembly.
(2) If the report is approved by resolution of the Assembly—
(a)the Welsh Ministers shall pay the amount stated in the determination as the amount of the additional grant for the year, and
(b)the amount shall be distributed on the basis stated in the determination.
(3) Where a sum falls to be paid to a receiving authority by way of additional grant it shall be paid at such time, or in instalments of such amounts and at such times, as the Welsh Ministers determine; and any such time may fall within or after the financial year concerned.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: