- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
30. (1) Anything done by a person in the course of his employment shall be treated for the purposes of these Regulations as done by the employer as well as by the person.
(2) Anything done by a person as agent for another shall be treated for the purposes of these Regulations as done by the principal as well as by the agent.
(3) It is immaterial for the purposes of this regulation whether an employer or principal knows about or approves of an act.
(4) In proceedings under these Regulations against an employer in respect of an act alleged to have been done by his employee it shall be a defence for the employer to prove that he took such steps as were reasonably practicable to prevent the employee—
(a)from doing the act, or
(b)from doing acts of that kind in the course of his employment.
(5) Paragraphs (1) and (2) shall not apply in relation to an offence committed under regulation 10(5).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: