- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
2.—(1) Article 6 of the Gambling Act 2005 (Transitional Provisions) (No. 2) Order 2006(1) is amended as follows.
(2) At the beginning of paragraph (2) insert “Subject to paragraph (2A),”.
(3) After paragraph (2) insert—
“(2A) Paragraph (2) does not apply to the grant or renewal of permits under section 34 of the 1968 Act by the authority mentioned in paragraph 1(d) of Schedule 9 to that Act where the application for grant or renewal relates to premises in respect of which a relevant Scottish licence has effect.”.
(4) After paragraph (4) insert—
“(5) In this article “relevant Scottish licence” means any licence granted under section 9(1) of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 1976(2) (licence for sale by retail or supply of alcoholic liquor) provided it is not an off-sale licence.”.
(5) The amendments made by this article shall not affect the validity of any decision taken by a Scottish council on an application for the grant or renewal of a permit under section 34 of the Gaming Act 1968(3) in respect of the kind of premises described in the amendment, where the decision was taken before the date on which this Order comes into force.
(6) In paragraph (5) above, “Scottish council” means a council constituted under section 2 of the Local Government etc. (Scotland) Act 1994(4).
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: