- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
24.—(1) In section 63 (interpretation), subsection (1) is amended as follows.
(2) In the definition of “administrative receiver”, for the words following “has the meaning given” substitute—
(a)in England and Wales or Scotland, by section 251 of the Insolvency Act 1986, and
(b)in Northern Ireland, by Article 5 of the Insolvency (Northern Ireland) Order 1989(1);”.
(3) For the definition of “charity” substitute—
““charity” means an English charity, a Scottish charity or a Northern Ireland charity, as defined below;”.
(4) In the appropriate places insert—
““the Gazette” has the meaning given by section 1173 of the Companies Act 2006;”
““English charity” means a charity within the meaning of the Charities Act 1993 (see section 96 of that Act);”
““Northern Ireland charity” means a charity within the meaning of the Charities Act (Northern Ireland) 1964(2) (see section 35 of that Act);”
““the 1985 Act” means the Companies Act 1985;”
““the 1986 Order” means the Companies (Northern Ireland) Order 1986;”.
(5) For subsection (2) of that section substitute—
“(2) In England and Wales or Scotland, any expression used in this Part and in the 1985 Act has the same meaning in this Part as in that Act.
(3) In Northern Ireland, any expression used in this Part and in the 1986 Order has the same meaning in this Part as in that Order.”.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: