- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
13. (1) For rule 42 there shall be substituted—
42. (1) The following matters are prescribed for the purposes of section 17(1)(c)—
(a)the registered proprietor’s address for service;
(b)the grant or cancellation of a licence under a registered design;
(c)the granting or cancelling of a security interest (whether fixed or floating) over a registered design or any right in or under it;
(d)an order of a court or other competent authority transferring a registered design or any right in or under it.
(2) An application to the registrar to enter in the register a matter not mentioned in paragraph (1) or section 17(1)(a) or (b) shall be made in writing.
(3) An application under section 19(1) or (2) shall be made on Designs Form 12A.
(4) Where the registrar has doubts about whether he should enter a matter in the register—
(a)he shall inform the person making the application of the reasons for his doubts; and
(b)he may require that person to furnish evidence in support of the application.”.
(2) Rules 43 to 45 shall be omitted.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: