- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
27.—(1) Where the Lord Chancellor and the Lord Chief Justice propose to take a particular disciplinary action under regulation 26 or to make a record of the case in a form that may be referred to in any future disciplinary proceedings, they must—
(a)notify the subject of the disciplinary proceedings of the proposal;
(b)state that the case will be recorded in a form that may be referred to in any future disciplinary proceedings, and
(c)invite him to make representations.
(2) The subject of the disciplinary proceedings must make any representations within twenty business days of an invitation under paragraph (1)(c).
(3) After considering any representations made under paragraph (2), the Lord Chancellor and the Lord Chief Justice must make a final decision.
(4) The Lord Chancellor and the Lord Chief Justice must notify the subject of the disciplinary proceedings of their decision.
(5) If the Lord Chancellor and the Lord Chief Justice cannot agree what action should be taken, the case is dismissed.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: