- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
25. After regulation 11(1) (functions of approved inspectors) insert—
11A.—(1) This regulation applies to the extent that the building work consists only of work of a type described in column 1 of the Table in Schedule 2A to the Principal Regulations which is the subject of an initial notice, and the work is carried out by a person who is described in the corresponding entry in column 2 of that Table in respect of that type of work.
(2) Where this regulation applies, the approved inspector is authorised to accept, as evidence that the requirements of regulations 4 and 7 of the Principal Regulations have been satisfied, a certificate to that effect by the person carrying out the building work.
(3) Where this regulation applies, the person carrying out the work shall, not more than 30 days after completion of the work—
(a)give to the occupier a copy of the certificate referred to in paragraph (2); and
(b)give to the approved inspector—
(i)notice to that effect, or
(ii)the certificate referred to in paragraph (2).
(4) Paragraph (3) of this regulation does not apply where a person carries out the building work described in Schedule 2B to the Principal Regulations.”.
There are amendments not relevant to these Regulations.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: