- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2. (1) Article 359(1) of the 1986 Order (particulars in correspondence etc) is amended as follows.
(2) In paragraph (1), after “order forms of the company” insert “, and on all the company’s websites,”.
(3) For paragraph (2) substitute—
“(2) If in the case of a company having a share capital there is a reference to the amount of share capital—
(a)on the stationery used for any such letters,
(b)on the company’s order forms, or
(c)on any of the company’s websites,
the reference must be to paid-up share capital.”.
(4) In paragraph (5), after sub-paragraph (b) insert—
“(ba)if an officer of a company or a person on its behalf causes or authorises the appearance of a website not complying with those paragraphs, he is liable to a fine.”.
(5) After that paragraph insert—
“(6) References in this Article to a document of any type are to a document of that type in hard copy, electronic or any other form.”.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: