- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2. (1) The repeal of sections 198 to 210 and 220 of the 1985 Act or Articles 206 to 218 and 228 of the 1986 Order (obligation to disclose acquisitions and disposals of interests in shares) does not affect any obligation to which a person became subject under section 198 of that Act or Article 206 of that Order before 20th January 2007.
(2) The repeal of sections 212 to 220 of the 1985 Act or Articles 220 to 228 of the 1986 Order (power of public company to require disclosure of interests in shares) does not affect the operation of those provisions in relation to a notice issued by a company under section 212 of the 1985 Act or Article 220 of the 1986 Order before 20th January 2007.
(3) On and after 20th January 2007 any separate part of a register kept by a company under section 213 of the 1985 Act or Article 221 of the 1986 Order (register of interests disclosed in response to requirement by company) shall continue to be kept by the company and shall be treated as a register kept under and for the purposes of section 808 of the Companies Act 2006.
(4) Until regulations under section 1136 of the Companies Act 2006 (regulations about where certain company records are to be kept available for inspection) are made specifying a place for the purposes of section 809(1)(b) of that Act—
(a)the register kept under section 808 of that Act (register of interests disclosed) may be kept by a company at any place where its register of members is kept; and
(b)no notice need be given to the registrar of companies under section 809(2) of that Act.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: